Advanced Wellness Medical
The Important Benefits and Values of Male and Female Hormone Replacement Therapy!
Why Should I Use Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
There is so much misinformation, myths, lies and misunderstandings about both Male and Female Hormone Replacement Therapy. This article is dedicated to simply telling the truth so those interested in Female Hormone Replacement Therapy will know what they are and how they can benefit them.
I believe most of us recognize what your female hormones did bring you from childhood to adulthood nicely. Once your body started making female hormones you grew up and your became the woman you are today. You developed your adult body and you were given the ability to become the adult you are today. Your hormones did not give you your common sense, nor your intelligence, nor your ability to solve problems, but it has given you the physical capacity to survive and thrive in today’s world. If you have miss used some or all of your abilities to thrive, your bright mind and common sense don’t blame your hormones. If you continue to either ignore or misuse the powers your hormones have or will give you to physical solve problem, to heal your body, to maintain a healthy body, to slow or even reverse aging, then that is entirely up to you.
The information presented herein is entirely about Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement. It is not about either synthetic nor non-human species hormone products (for example hormones made from horse or other animal urine or blood). This information is offered with recognition that while some of the studies this information comes from is not or may not be FDA sanctioned nor approved, it is good and meaningful information. Some of the studies used comes from British, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Japanese and Chinese sources as bio-identical hormones are not often studied here in the US. Since bio-identical hormones are not studied here in the US, we do not have many FDA approved studies with meaningful information. The reason I believe bio-identical hormones are not studied herein the US is because there is no money in it for the US pharmaceutical industry and they do not want to invest in finding this information for you. I offer this last paragraph as a disclaimer that allows you to fully disregard all of what I tell you or select out what ultimately just makes sense to you for your health and your benefit.
Published Benefits of Male (Testosterone) Hormone Replacement Therapy:
• Positive effect on male sex drive, increase libido and enjoyment of sex
• Promotes mating behavior, supports marital sex and love
• Reduces erectile dysfunction strengthens erections
• Reduces mood swings, sadness, depression, anxiety and grumpiness
• Positive effect bone mass
• Reduces body fat uptake and widespread fat distribution
• Reduces brown fat, pot-belly and abdominal fat ring
• Reduces sleep disruption and insomnia
• Reduces risk or likelihood of loss of height, osteoporosis (fractures), arthritis, osteoarthritis
• Increases muscle mass, reduces weakness and flabbiness
• Positive effect on muscle strength
• Positive effect on overall strength, physical and mental stamina and endurance
• Positive effect on red blood cells production
• Positive effect on production of sperm
• Promotes prostate health and well-being
• Promotes cardiovascular health and well-being
• Increases sense of security
• Increases and promotes work performance
• Increases ability to play sports and perform physical activities
• Increases endorphins production which brings opposite sex
• Increases oxytocin which increases feelings of love desire, physical closeness and paternal caring
• Increased motivation, competitiveness, increases energy and decreases exhaustion
• Improves moods, reduces anxiety, depression and
• Increases feelings of increased quality of life
• Increased verbal memory and thinking ability
• Simulates mental clarity, relieves foggy-thinking
• Multiple medical studies demonstrate that HRT and TRT users claim a 20% increase in overall quality of life.
• TRT reduced the overall death rate (from all causes) in men over 50 years of age, hence extends longevity and overall quality of life.
Published Negative Effects and Risk of Testosterone Treatment in Men
• Acne or oily skin
• Prostate swelling and possible enlargement
• Breast enlargement (if testosterone is not monitored appropriately
• Worsening of sleep apnea (trouble breathing while sleeping if you already have sleep apnea)
• Fluid retention
• Decreased Testicle Size: Testicles may shrink this is important for the man who wants to father children, it is solved by stopping testosterone. Doesn’t mean sperm count is down)
• Decrease in sperm count (important the man wants to father children, solved by stopping testosterone. If a man presents who needs or wants to be testosterone, but wants children in the future, we suggest storing his sperm before he starts use of testosterone. This is rarely done. Medications can be used to possibly bring sperm count back.)
• Increase in red blood cells (solution donating blood)
• Prostate Cancer: The use of testosterone related to it causing prostate cancer comes up periodically, recent studies disprove this risk. The risk of worsening prostate cancer is a possibility, solution is stopping testosterone.)
Testosterone Hormone Replacement Therapy Should Not Be Used By The Following Men:
• Men with active prostate cancer (there are exceptions to this rule)
• Men with history of blood clots or increased risk of blood clots (obesity or smoking, history of thrombophlebitis or other blood clots)
• Men with increased risk of atherosclerotic heart disease, past heart attack or stoke
• Men with uncontrolled heart failure
• Men with severe urinary tract problems
• Men with untreated severe sleep apnea
• Men with known and/or existing liver disease
This is a lot of information.
The key point here is that testosterone improve the overall life of any man who makes sufficient levels of testosterone or is given testosterone replacement therapy.
The second key point is that while there are definite potential negative affects involved, they can be monitored, watched for, prevented or treated early with appropriate follow up care.
Finally, there are far fewer, and no unrecognizable major negative side effect that can not be recognized and treated appropriately.
TRT causes few major negative risks and should be avoided in men who are at significant risk for these problems. TRT therefore should be considered by men who are at low or no risk for these problems but have meaningful negative signs and/or symptoms of testosterone insufficiency or deficiency which should be treated to return, increase or improve their overall or specific quality of life.
If you have questions call me at 310-879-9266 or 844-222-577 or write me at info@AdvancedWellnessMedical.com